Ants are a very common pest and most UK households will experience and ant infestation at some point over the years. Its Spring time and the ants are starting to come out, so it is handy to know what you can do to try and reduce your chance of encountering these unwanted pests this year.
Below are a few steps you can follow to try and prevent an ant infestation.
1. Know where to find them – Ants often infest kitchens, this is due to the abundance of food and water that is readily available to them. Basements, bathrooms, inside walls, living rooms, and bedrooms are also places ants are often attracted to.
2. Get rid of water sources – Any standing water or moisture in your home will attract ants so reducing it as much as possible will go a long way to preventing an ant infestation. If you have leaking pipes then get them repaired as soon as you can, make sure there is no moisture in sinks, if you have any damp areas in your property then try a dehumidifier. Check the gutters outside of your home to ensure that they are in working order and the water is flowing away from your property.
3. Eliminate food sources – Try and keep your kitchen clean and tidy to try and prevent the ants from coming indoors. Make sure worktops are wiped down regular and floors are swept to get rid of crumbs and spills that may attract ants. Also make sure that any food is sealed stored away in the fridge or cupboards. The last thing to do is ensure that the bin is not overfull, and the lid is closed properly.
4. Pets – your pets food or water bowl is very welcoming to ants so make sure you don’t leave them out and any spills are cleaned up promptly. Also make sure food is stored away in sealed plastic containers.
5. Eliminate access points – check around your property for any access points. Trim any bushes or trees back and seal any cracks or holes around your property.
If you have tried all this and are still having problems with ants at your home or business, then it’s time to call in the help of a professional. Pestcotek Ltd provide an effective ant control service to effectively eliminate the pest from your property. For more information on ant control call us today – 01507 328585
You can find more information on moles on our information page here: https://www.pestcotek.com/ant-control-lincolnshire