Common Signs Of a Bed Bug Infestation:
- Dark Or Black Stains – On your mattress and the surrounding areas from the beg bugs excretion
- Sweet Scent – Bed bugs give off an unpleasant sweet smell, similar to the smell of almonds
- Small Dark Coloured Spots – Beg bugs leave small dark spots of blood on the bedding known as faecal pellets
- Live Bed Bug Insects – Although bed bugs are rather small (around 4-5mm long) it is possible to see live bed bugs and their shed skins
- Bloody Smears – You will find smears of blood on your sheets and bed linin from where the bed bug has been feeding
Locating Bed Bugs
Although you will more commonly find bed bugs in your bed, they can also live and hide in furnishings and furniture for example:
- Mattress seams
- Headboards and bed frames
- Carpets and carpet underlay
- Edges of skirting boards
- Between floorboards
- In cracked walls and small crevices, behind peeling wallpaper
- Inside and behind plug sockets and fittings
- In wardrobes and cupboards
- Bedside cabinets
If you believe you have a bed bug infestation Call Pestcotek FREE on 0800 092 1979 for bed bug control.
Bed Bug Removal
How To Identify a Bed Bug Bite
Different people react differently to bed bug bites. Whereas some people have no reaction at all, others can have minor or even major swelling and itching and can develop a rash.
Where Bites Occur
Bed bugs can bite you anywhere on your body, but generally you will find bites close to veins where they have easier access to your blood stream.
- Check for bed bug bites on your:
Bed Bug Bite Patterns
Bed bugs tend to bite you in rows along an exposed area of your skin. You might able to see numerous bites in the same area as bed bugs will consistently bite even if brushed off.
Contact Pestcotek FREE on 0800 092 1979 for Bed Bug Control
Other Areas We Cover
- Chapel St Leonards
- Long Sutton
- Market Deeping
- Market Rasen
- Woodhall Spa